Petty Misdemeanor Cases in the State of Hawaii
Have You Been Accused of a Petty Misdemeanor in Hawaii?
You or someone you love has been summoned to appear in court before a judge. The case is for a petty misdemeanor offense, brought against you by the State of Hawaii. A court date may have been set. You are aware of the charges against you. But one question still nags you.
What is stopping me from fighting back?
Despite what others may have told you about petty misdemeanors, you can and should fight them in court. These offenses can absolutely have a negative impact on your future, affecting your freedoms and your finances.
- Some petty misdemeanors can carry prison sentences as high as one month. That sentence will likely appear on your criminal record and may put your job at risk.
- Petty misdemeanor crimes could leave you in debt from fines.
- If you are in the military, even a petty misdemeanor conviction may have a negative impact on your career.
A petty misdemeanor can set you back years if not handled properly. Do not leave your case to chance. Fight back with Bilecki & Tipon TODAY.
What Are Petty Misdemeanor Crimes in Hawaii?
The third and most minor of the three grades of crimes in Hawaii’s legal code are petty misdemeanors. Petty misdemeanors include crimes such as:
- Theft (4th degree)
- Certain traffic violations
- Disorderly conduct
- Minor assault charges
Due to the less severe nature of petty misdemeanors, a judge alone will preside over your case. Juries are never called to hear petty misdemeanor crimes. However, the defendant can hire a defense attorney to advocate for him or her in court, and evidence, as well as witness testimony, is permissible during the hearings.
As far as maximum sentencing goes, petty misdemeanors can absolutely damage an individual’s finances and career and even their freedoms.
- Fines can reach up to $1,000
- Jail time can reach up to 30 days
- Licenses can be suspended and possibly revoked
It helps to hire a defense attorney to defend you in court, even from petty misdemeanor crimes. Even the smallest criminal offenses can go public and put your career at risk. If you believe in your innocence and believe your charges are worth fighting, then so do we. Call our law offices and begin fighting back TODAY!
The People of Hawaii Trust Bilecki & Tipon to Secure the Best Possible Outcome for Their Petty Misdemeanor Cases
Bilecki & Tipon has been helping the people of Hawaii fight back against petty misdemeanors and other criminal charges since its inception. Our knowledge of Hawaii’s criminal code, combined with our vast resources and our tenacious advocacy for our clients, has made us one of the most effective and reputable criminal defense law firms in the state.
We believe that everybody deserves a fighting chance in court, even for smaller offenses. If there is a chance that the state could drop your charges or if they can be won outright, then it is a sensible decision to present your case before the judge and advance the best possible defense.
So why have so many clients trusted Bilecki & Tipon to represent them in court?
- Our resources are second to none: Bilecki & Tipon employs multiple attorneys, a full-time investigator, laws clerks and we are located right here in Hawaii. Depending on the severity of your case, we can direct much of that firepower to secure the best possible outcome in your case.
- We know Hawaii’s legal system: Decades of experience advocating for our clients in Hawaii’s courts have made us some of the most effective legal advocates in the state.
- We are feared by prosecutors: When we take on a case, we zero in on the best possible outcome, and we work diligently to make it happen. We are tenacious in court and have secured an outright victory in cases that others assumed were unwinnable.
Is your future at risk of a petty misdemeanor charge? A confidential consultation from Bilecki & Tipon is the first step you should take. Call us TODAY to get started!
FAQ's About Petty Misdemeanor Charges
What Are the Most Common Petty Misdemeanor Charges That Bilecki & Tipon Sees?
At Bilecki & Tipon LLLC, we prefer to take on complex and challenging criminal defense cases which seem, at first, unwinnable. While we take on various types of criminal cases, we find ourselves taking on a great number of sexual assault, sting operation, and financial fraud cases. The most important thing is that we have a good understanding of your case and ensure that it is a good fit for our firm.
Where Is Bilecki & Tipon LLLC Located?
Our office is on the 23rd floor of the American Saving Bank Tower in Bishop Square in downtown, Honolulu. We are happy to do both in-person confidential consultations in our conference room or telephonic consultations