SPICE AND SYNTHETIC DRUGS
At Bilecki Law Group, We believe every service member has earned their right to an aggressive defense on their day in court. We specialize in taking the fight to the prosecution and winning cases that others said were unwinnable.
Protect Your Career with a Court Martial Attorney
- Do not assume the government will go easy on you. Even simple possession cases have been known to go to a court-martial. Your rank, your military career, and your freedom are at risk.
- You could be prosecuted under Article 112a of the UCMJ for crimes of intent to distribute spice or other synthetic drugs. You could be forced out of the military with a dishonorable discharge.
- A general court-martial could bring criminal charges against you that could land you in prison for years.
The Use of Spice and Other Synthetic Drugs Has Exploded
- These substances can be purchased at head shops and even gas stations if you know how to ask for it and where to look. This leads to confusion over their legality.
- Spice and other synthetic drugs use chemicals that go under the radar of most drug tests. If the government is lax about testing for them, how illegal could they be?
- They’re in rampant use across all branches of the Armed Forces. This leads to a culture where its use is both commonplace and casual.
Knowing where you stand on your case and what you’re really up against should be your first priority. Bilecki Law Group has been fighting and winning cases involving drug crimes for years. Contact us today!
Legal or Illegal? The Ongoing Case of Synthetic Drug Use in the Military
- Not all chemical compounds found in synthetic drugs are illegal.
- In some cases, synthetic drugs can be purchased at local stores, which adds to the confusion over their legality.
- The wide use of these substances makes them easy to come across. The possibility of accidentally ingesting such a substance is not unheard of.
- Many of the General Orders prohibiting Spice and other synthetic drugs are poorly written and subject to attack.
Bilecki Law Group has fought and won cases involving the use and distribution of Spice and other synthetic drugs based on these factors alone. One call to our office could clear you of all charges and give you a fresh start.
We Fight Back Hard Against Spice and Synthetic Drug Charges.
Regardless of whether you were snagged in a sting operation, caught red handed or found yourself a victim of an illegal search and seizure by military law enforcement, Bilecki Law Group knows how to fight the evidence against you and win your case.
Frequently Asked Questions About Spice and Synthetic Drugs
The most common urinalysis tests do not test for synthetic drugs. That’s one of the reasons they’ve become so popular.
However, the military has been known to randomly select service members for different kinds of drug tests. Some tests can, in fact, identify illegal substances found in synthetic drugs. But none of these tests are perfect. All of them have the potential to make mistakes.