USAG CAMP HUMPHREYS
At Bilecki Law Group, We believe every service member has earned their right to an aggressive defense on their day in court. We specialize in taking the fight to the prosecution and winning cases that others said were unwinnable.
Fifty miles south of Seoul, Korea on the outskirts of Pyongtaek City is USAG Camp Humphreys, the fastest-growing U.S. Military installations on the Korean peninsula, and one of the fastest-growing U.S. military installations in the world. Camp Humphreys is home to the largest U.S. Army airfield in Asia, Desiderio Army Airfield, and is set to become the headquarters of United States Forces Korea by the end of the decade.
The rapid growth of Camp Humphreys will bring with it new opportunities for the U.S. service members in the area.
It will also bring new threats in the form of increased court martial activity, harsher punishment for those that break the law, and more aggressive sting operations directed by the military’s law enforcement.
- Increased court-martial activity: We expect the number of service members that are accused of criminal offenses to get exponentially higher as more bases are consolidated into Camp Humphreys and new conflicts and chaos occur during the interim.
- Harsher punishment for those that break the law: Expect zero tolerance from law enforcement and the military’s prosecutors. You should be aware of what the maximum sentence is for the crime you’ve allegedly committed. If the idea of receiving a harsh sentence is unbearable to you, then you must protect yourself with an experienced court-martial lawyer as soon as possible.
- More aggressive sting operations. Expect sting operations to increase. Expect law enforcement to skirt the line between what is and is not legal. All it takes for you to be a victim of a law enforcement sting is to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time.
If you are stationed at Camp Humphreys and are under threat of a court-martial, you are at risk of losing everything you hold dear. Contact Bilecki Law Group TODAY to get ahead of the investigation—before it’s too late.
USAG Camp Humphreys History and Court-Martial Activity
The site of Camp Humphreys has a military history dating back to the early 20th century when an airfield was built here by the Imperial Japanese Air Force to shore up the empire’s power in the region.
The airfield was later destroyed and then rebuilt by the Americans during the Korean War. The American installation—originally called K-6—was renamed to Camp Humphreys in honor of Benjamin K. Humphreys, a helicopter pilot of the 6th Transportation Company.
As U.S. Military bases—especially those to the north of the Han River—are closed and consolidated, Camp Humphreys will continue to increase in both size and influence. The largest influx of troops will occur when USAG Yongsan—the headquarters of the USAK—moves to Camp Humphreys in 2019.
- Established: 1910 (Imperial Japanese Air Force) 1950 (K-6 Army Airfield)
- Location: Anjung-Ri, South Korea
- Garrison: 2nd Infantry Combat Aviation Brigade and supporting units, 1st Battalion (16th Infantry Regiment), 2nd Batallion (34th Armor Regiment), 304th Signal Battalion, 501st Signal Company, and 20+ others
USAG Camp Humphreys is constantly under threat for law enforcement sting operations which operate throughout the region. Sexual assault allegations are a constant occurrence Humphreys. Allegations of BAH fraud are still common, as are minor violent crimes such as assault and battery.
U.S. Army Personnel at USAG Camp Humphreys Trust Bilecki Law Group, PLLC to Defend Their Interests in Court
- We reach our clients quickly: Bilecki Law Group is located right here in the Pacific, in Honolulu, Hawaii. This allows us to reach you far faster than any defense team in the mainland U.S. We know our way around Humprhey’s and won’t need to be babysat.
- Our resources are second to none: Bilecki Law Group can allocate serious firepower to even the odds against the government. A full-time investigator, multiple defense attorneys, and plenty of support staff are ready to go to war for you to defend your interests in court.
- We know the government’s regional playbook: The defense attorneys at Bilecki Law Group have been defending service members in South Korea since our days in the JAG Corps. We understand how law enforcement operates in the region and we know the legal nuances that can steal a victory right out from under the nose of the most experienced military prosecutors.
FAQ's About USAG Camp Humphreys
The most common criminal offenses at USAG Camp Humphrey include sexual assault, drug crimes, and financial fraud. Violent crimes do occur from time to time as well.
Bilecki Law Group defends service members against all offenses under the UCMJ. If you’ve been accused of any crime whatsoever, contact our law offices immediately for a confidential consultation.
We travel to South Korea multiple times every year. We know our way around Korea and make our trips as effective as possible. We’ve performed defense investigations and represented U.S Army Personnel throughout the peninsula.