Camp Red Cloud
Camp Red Cloud is a U.S. Army base located near the city of Uijeongbu, just north of Seoul, Korea. The installation serves as the main headquarters for the 2nd Infantry Division and its supporting units and is home to thousands of U.S. Service Members and their families.
The vast majority of service members stationed at Camp Red Cloud will serve their country honorably and return home without issue. Others will not be so lucky. For the men and women that are accused of a criminal offense under the UCMJ here at Camp Red Cloud and elsewhere in South Korea, the situation can turn from bad to worse almost instantaneously.
- The government will remain vague about your status and even hide the fact you’re a suspect. But behind the scenes, they’re gathering evidence, speaking with witnesses and preparing their strategy. By the time the hammer falls, it is often too late.
- South Korea is one of America’s most important regional allies. Any criminal offense committed on South Korean soil is dealt with extreme prejudice to ensure that alliance continues. This often means more resources to convict you, and harsher sentencing than anywhere else in the world.
- Unfortunately, a dishonorable discharge may be the least of your worries. Years if not decades in prison is a distinct possibility depending on the crime. Loss of your pay and allowances could leave you in terminal debt. You could be placed on a sex offender list for the rest of your life.
You are thousands of miles from home. But allies are closer than you think. If you require legal representation at Camp Red Cloud, then contact the law offices of Bilecki & Tipon TODAY.
USAG Camp Red Cloud History and Court-Martial Activity
Camp Red Cloud—originally Camp Jackson—was established during the Korean War, and quickly became one of the most important installations on the peninsula and a major gateway between Seoul and the DMZ. In 1957, it was renamed after Corporal Mitchell Red Cloud, Jr, who stormed an enemy bunker during the Korean War, killing dozens of the enemy.
Today, Camp Red Cloud remains essential to U.S. Military power on the peninsula, supporting the economic, transportation and industrial interests of both South Korea and the network of U.S. military installations spread throughout the country.
Camp Red Cloud, along with Camps Casey, Stanley, Hovey and others, are jointly referred to as Area I by U.S. Military serving in the region.
- Established: 1950s
- Location: Uijeongbu
- Garrison: 2nd Infantry Division and supporting units, 55th MP Company, 604th Air Support Operations Squadron
Court-Martial Activity: Camp Red Cloud is at constant risk for sting operations carried about by the military’s law enforcement. Aggressive law enforcement tactics have contributed to an uptick in courts-martial related to sex crimes, drug crimes, and financial fraud. Service members stationed in South Korea on unaccompanied tours are under constant threat of being audited for potential OHA fraud.
U.S. Army Personnel at Camp Red Cloud Trust Bilecki & Tipon to Defend Their Interests in Court
The service men and women stationed at USAG Camp Red Cloud need only be in the wrong place at the wrong time to be accused of a criminal offense and treated by a court-martial. No service member, however well-intentioned or honest, is truly safe from being accused, convicted, and sentenced by the military’s justice system.
Because every service member is a potential target for U.S. prosecutors and their law enforcement allies, it is of incredible importance that—should the day ever come that you require representation—you know who to turn to.
Bilecki & Tipon LLLC, the premier law firm operating throughout the Pacific today, is just such an ally. Our clients have trusted us to defend their interests in court for many reasons, not least of which include:
- Local and Regional Experience: Bilecki & Tipon takes on cases around the world, but the vast majority of these are taken on right here in South Korea and throughout the Pacific. We have a powerful regional network of experts and we understand the judicial systems of the countries we operate in.
- Fast Response to Camp Red Cloud: Our law firm is based out of Honolulu, Hawaii which means we can reach your location faster than any other law firm operating on American soil. Time is critical for most investigations, so the faster your defense attorney can reach you, the more likely you are to secure a positive outcome in your case.
- Incredible Court Room Talent: Bilecki & Tipon is managed and operated by military veterans that began as Judge Advocates. Over the years we’ve built one of the most prestigious court-martial defense law firms in the country, with an unrivaled case history and some of the most hard-hitting legal representation in the world.
Bilecki & Tipon serves all U.S. Military personnel at Camp Red Cloud. Call us TODAY for a confidential consultation on your case.
FAQ's About Camp Red Cloud
What Are the Most Common Criminal Offenses in South Korea and Camp Red Cloud?
Sexual Assault is the most common allegation we see in Korea. In addition, service members on unaccompanied orders at Camp Red Cloud are targets for potential OHA fraud investigations. Some violent crimes, such as assault and battery, occur from time to time. Drug crimes are prevalent year-round.
Will Bilecki & Tipon Represent Me in South Korea?
Yes. Bilecki & Tipon travels to South Korea year-round. We have traveled to Korea more than 75 times to represent Soldiers in need of court-martial defense.