Kunsan Air Force Base
Kunsan Air Force Base is a U.S.-operated airfield located on the western coast of the Republic of Korea near the town of Gunsan. It is home to the 8th Fighter Wing of the Seventh Air Force and its supporting units. All told, nearly 3,000 USAF personnel and other U.S. service members are serving in active duty here at Kunsan Air Force Base.
The vast majority of service members at Kunsan will serve their time here and return home to their friends and family.
Most will never realize that they are a single mistake or false allegation of losing everything: their military career and benefits, their liberties and their future.
- The vast majority of courts-martial end in a punitive discharge:U.S. prosecutors in the military have maintained a 90% conviction rate for years. And for the vast majority of criminal offenses under the UCMJ, a bad-conduct or dishonorable discharge is the first punishment they will request.
- Anything less than an honorable discharge could cost you dearly:Depending upon your years of service, the loss of your benefits could be to the tune of tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars. You earned this money serving your country. But your years of service will mean nothing once convicted.
- Many offenses include jail time, fines, or worse. Your very government will turn against you to protect its reputation with key regional allies. All service members stationed in the Pacific are under threat from extreme sentencing, including decades in prison and possible sex offender registration.
Do not let your tour at Kunsan Air Base be your last. Retaliate TODAY by securing one of the most prestigious law firms operating out of the Pacific: Bilecki Law Group.
Kunsan Air Force Base History and Court-Martial Activity
The site of Kunsan Air Base as a military installation dates back to 1938 when the Imperial Japanese Air Force began construction of an airfield and garrison housing. Between 1945 and 1949, it was first controlled and then abandoned, by American forces operating in the region after World War II.
The subsequent assault by North Korea a year later brought America back to the peninsula and Kunsan Air Force Base. It has been operated by American forces ever since.
- Established: 1938 (Imperial Japanese Army) 1950 (K-8 USAF)
- Location: Gunsan, South Korea
- Garrison: 8th Fighter Wing and supporting units (8th Operations Group, 35th Fighter Squadron, 80th Fighter Squadron, 8th Maintenance Group)
U.S. Air Force Personnel at Kunsan Air Force Base Trust Bilecki Law Group, PLLC to Defend Their Interests in Court
Who you choose to represent you in court is the single most important decision you will make regarding your court-martial. But this decision can be made incredibly difficult due to the sheer number of options you have.
Do you keep the ADC or retain a civilian attorney?
Do you want an individual representing you, or a law firm?
Does your case require investigators or forensic specialists, and does your attorney have access to these experts?
Having a clear idea about the danger you face and the extent of the charges can play a large role in who you want at your side in court. Many of our former clients chose Bilecki Law Group because they simply could not imagine living their lives after being convicted and facing the full extent of their charges. They chose our law firm because we have a reputation for excellence and for securing the best possible outcome for our clients in court.
- We are civilian attorneys with a military background: Our background is the best of both worlds: former veterans and justice advocates who have migrated to the civilian world to avoid the military’s politics. We have insider experience, but we operate out of the bounds of the military’s influence.
- We have access to personnel and other resources: Military prosecutors fear Bilecki Law Group because they know we have the resources needed to level the playing field. Most military defense attorneys don’t have the clout, the network or the experience hiring or employing private investigators, forensic specialists, and other experts. We do.
- We are located in the Pacific: Bilecki Law Group is headquartered in Hawaii and can arrive at Kunsan Air Base in hours rather than days or weeks. Because time is one of the most valuable resources in an investigation and trial, having us nearby is perhaps the single most important factor in determining whether you are victorious in court or not.
Bilecki Law Group is a trusted name at Kunsan Air Force Base and throughout the Pacific. Call our law offices today for a confidential consultation into your case.
FAQ'S About Kunsan Air Force Base
What Are the Most Common Criminal Offenses in South Korea and Kunsan Air Force Base?
South Korea and the Pacific region has been the target of a relentless assault by military law enforcement in recent years, vastly increasing the number of service members accused of crimes such as fraud, sex offenses, and drug crimes. Other crimes occur less frequently but are still prevalent in the region, including many violent crimes.
Bilecki Law Group defends service members against all offenses under the UCMJ. If you’ve been accused of any crime whatsoever, contact our law offices immediately for a confidential consultation.
How Often Do You Travel to South Korea?
Cases bring us to South Korea on a regular basis. Mr. Bilecki has previously lived in Korea and has traveled there over 75 times to defend service members facing courts-martial. Our location in Hawaii allows us to reach you faster than any defense attorney headquartered in the mainland U.S.