Temporary Restraining Order Violations in the State of Hawaii
Has a Restraining Order Violation Forced You to Appear in Court?
With an Experienced Attorney, Fighting Back Is a Serious Option
You have been slapped with a temporary restraining order by the State of Hawaii. Now, someone is claiming you’ve violated that order, forcing you to appear in court again to explain your side of the story, even though you’ve done nothing wrong, or simply misunderstood the terms of the TRO.
The consequences of a temporary restraining order violation can be harsh, and can increase dramatically depending on the nature of the violation. The State of Hawaii considers TRO violations misdemeanor crimes. Should you be convicted, you could face:
- A prison sentence which could drag on for up to a year, leaving you helpless to act. Meanwhile, the individual who initiated the TRO acquires even more power over you.
- Heavy fines which could reach up to $2,000 dollars. Additional collateral consequences could include loss of visitation rights or joint custody for children in certain situations.
You may be on the hook for a TRO violation you never even committed. If you believe your case is worth fighting for, then contact the law offices of Bilecki & Tipon TODAY for a confidential consultation.
Temporary Restraining Order Violations in Hawaii: The Facts
In the State of Hawaii, Temporary Restraining Orders (TROs) come with all sorts of snags which can trip you up and leave you confused about where you stand and what you can and cannot do. According to Hawaii’s state judiciary, even the slightest hint that you’ve violated your TRO could warrant a misdemeanor criminal charge.
Some of the most common TRO violations include:
Unfortunately, state courts may be on the side of the alleged victim, meaning that you will need more than just your word should the person who filed the TRO make claims that you violated it. Even if you’ve done nothing wrong, they may still manage to convict you and throw you in jail.
This is a serious offense which you cannot afford to ignore. A simple phone call to the individual who initiated the TRO could be enough to land you in hot water. Violations of a TRO are criminal offenses which could incur a minimum jail sentence and fine.
Unfortunately, this is only the beginning of what a full misdemeanor charge can do to your future. Careers can be destroyed, families can be broken apart, and reputations can be shattered. In other words, now is not the time to bury your head in the sand.
Now is the time to fight back.
The People of Hawaii Trust Bilecki & Tipon to Secure the Best Possible Outcome for All TRO Violations
TRO violations often leave people feeling wronged and emotionally devastated. This is a volatile situation which can spiral out of control unless it is properly handled in court. Your choice of attorney will be the most important decision you’ll make to ensure the situation remains as much in your control as humanly possible.
The attorneys at Bilecki & Tipon have earned a reputation for securing positive outcomes for TRO violations throughout Hawaii state courts. Our law firm has decades of experience defending members of our community from TRO violations, some of which should never have been brought to court in the first place.
So why have so many clients trusted Bilecki & Tipon to represent them in court?
- We know how to fight TRO violation cases: Our attorneys have represented individuals accused of TRO violations on numerous occasions and understand how to level the playing field and advocate for you so that judges and juries listen toyour side of the story.
- We are well-staffed with exceptional resources: Bilecki & Tipon enters every courtroom with a clear strategy and the resources to make that strategy work. We will use any and all resources at our disposal to ensure the best possible outcome in your case, without question. We have a full-time investigator with over 30 years of law enforcement experience who we can put to work for your case.
- We keep you in the loop: One of the most frustrating issues with a trial is playing the waiting game for information. We will keep you informed about your case and make sure you’re up to date on the latest information.
Is a looming court date for a TRO violation making you nervous? It doesn’t have to. Contact Bilecki & Tipon LLLC TODAY and let us take on the courts for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Penalty For Violating A TRO
In Hawaii, a violation of a TRO result in a minimum jail sentence of 48 hours and up to a $500 fine. For the second violation of the same order, you could be sentenced to a mandatory minimum 30 day jail sentence and a maximum fine of $1,000.
Where Is Bilecki & Tipon Located?
Bilecki & Tipon LLLC is based out of Honolulu, Hawaii, on the island of Oahu. Regardless of your location on the islands, we can launch a full-scale investigation in your case within hours of being retained.