YOKOTA AIR BASE
At Bilecki Law Group, We believe every service member has earned their right to an aggressive defense on their day in court. We specialize in taking the fight to the prosecution and winning cases that others said were unwinnable.
Yokota Air Base is a United States Air Force installation located on the western outskirts of Tokyo in Mainland Japan.It is garrisoned by the 374th Airlift Wing of the USAF and its affiliated units.
The base is home to some 15,000 U.S. Military personnel as well as the American Forces Network Broadcast Center.Most U.S. Service Members garrisoned out of Yokota Air Base will serve out their time here and return to their family and friends back home. Others will not be so lucky.
For those service members that are accused of a criminal offense here, the situation can go from bad to worse almost overnight. You may be in allied territory, but you are thousands of miles from home, far from family and friends, and with few allies standing between you and the government’s prosecutors.
Questions that you’ll desperately want answers to could torment you for months. What will happen to my family after my salary and pension and benefits are taken away? How will they get back home if I’m dishonorably discharged? What will happen to me if I’m convicted?
You may be the subject of an aggressive law enforcement investigation. They will turn your whole life upside down looking for evidence to convict you. They will act with total impunity until you are either convicted or your legal representative stops them.
You’ve served your country honorably at Yokota Air Base. Now, let us serve you. Call our law firm TODAY to set up a confidential consultation into your case.
History and Court-Martial Activity
Yokota Air Base, originally Tama Airfield, was an Imperial Japanese Army airfield built in 1940 and used as a flight testing facility until the end of World War II. It was taken without resistance by U.S. Forces in September of 1945.
The airfield was later expanded by the Americans and played an integral reconnaissance and support role in both the Korean War and the Cold War and Vietnam War.
The base is currently home to over 15,000 U.S. Service Members, many of which are from the 374th Operations Group and its supporting units. The 374th was most recently commended for its assistance in Operation Tomodachi, which went into effect following the 2011 earthquake and tsunami that destroyed the Fukushima nuclear facility.
- Established: 1940
- Location: Mainland Japan, Tokyo
- Garrison: 374th Airlift Wing (374th Maintenance Group, 374th Mission Support Group, 374th Operations Group, 374th Medical Group), 5th Air Force, 730th Air Mobility Squadron, 337th Air Support Flight
- Population: 15,000+
Court-Martial Activity: Yokota Air Base, like many U.S. Military installations throughout Japan and the Pacific, has been the target of numerous regional sting operations by the military’s CID and NCIS law enforcement agencies. These sting operations commonly seek out alleged sex offenders, drug dealers, and those attempting to commit financial fraud. Many of these men and women are innocent of any wrongdoing. But that has not stopped the government from halting these aggressive law enforcement tactics.
U.S. Air Force Personnel at Yokota Air Base Trust Bilecki Law Group, PLLC to Defend Their Interests in Court
Over the years Bilecki Law Group has been tasked with preserving the reputations, the freedoms and even the lives of U.S. Service Members that have been accused of criminal offenses on the Japanese Mainland. The men and women that serve our country do not deserve to be tried and convicted alone and without proper legal representation. Our law firm is dedicated to serving the interests of these service members.
Bilecki Law Group offer these men and women numerous advantages that few if any civilian defense attorneys can match. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Rapid deployment to your location. The longer you go without legal representation, the greater the risks that evidence will get lost, witnesses will disappear, and law enforcement will lead you into making a mistake. Bilecki Law Group is based here in the Pacific and can reach your location in hours, ensuring a proper investigation can take place and you do not stay unrepresented for long.
- A network of expert witnesses and consultants. Bilecki Law Group has been in business a long time and has built up a network of specialists in many different fields of technology and forensics. We also employ a full-time private investigator with law enforcement backgrounds to assist us with both in-state and out-of-country investigations.
- We’ve worked in the region for decades. Bilecki Law Group criminal defense attorneys understand the nuances of trying a court-martial in Japan, and our blind spots are covered by individuals we have relationships with who can be called upon if necessary to help defend your case.
Bilecki Law Group serves all U.S. Air Force personnel at Yokota Air Base. Call us TODAY for a confidential consultation into your case.
FAQ's About Yokota Air Base
Recent sting operations have dramatically increased the number of service members accused of drug crimes, sex offenses, and financial fraud. Sexual assault allegations are also quite common. Other offenses occur from time to time as well, including violent crimes such as assault, battery, and breaking and entering. Even manslaughter and murder charges are not unheard of in Japan.
Yes. Our full-time defense investigator knows his way around Japan and can travel to review the crime scene, examine government evidence and speak with witnesses. We have the resources necessary to fly out anyone that may be beneficial in securing a positive outcome in your case.