Domestic Violence Defense Attorney in Hawaii
Have You Been Accused of Domestic Violence?
You could be convicted, sentenced to prison, and lose custody of your children, all in an instant.
You have been rocked by accusations of domestic violence, leaving you emotionally distraught and unsure how to move forward. To make matters worse, these accusations are culminating in a one-sided court battle in which you are already the underdog. Even alleged spousal abuse will taint your reputation with your family, friends, and co-workers.
The prosecutors in the State of Hawaii do not take domestic violence lightly. You will be branded a criminal in the eyes of the law and a may be hit with a full misdemeanor charge. It is very possible you could face:
- A prison sentence that could last up to a year, leaving ample time for your spouse or partner to attain full autonomy over your household.
- If you are a military service member, the Lautenberg Amendment (which does not allow you to own weapons after a domestic violence conviction) may single-handedly cause the end of your career.
- The state court charges may only be the beginning. A conviction may be used in a forthcoming divorce or custody proceeding and it could cause you to lose custody of your children.
Domestic violence is a serious charge with serious ramifications. Fighting back is your only option. Contact Bilecki & Tipon TODAY for a confidential consultation into your case.
Facts About Domestic Violence Defense in Hawaii
The State of Hawaii considers domestic violence a full misdemeanor offense, meaning these are criminal accusations that are not as serious as felony charges, but more severe than petty misdemeanors. Your case may likely be decided by a jury, who will look at a number of different factors related to your case, such as:
Maximum sentencing for a domestic violence charge will vary based on the seriousness of the charges and whether other offenses have been committed, but they could follow closely with the maximum sentencing of a general full misdemeanor charge, which includes:
- Fines up to $2,000
- Jail time for up to 1 year
A domestic violence accusation will wreak havoc on your finances, your career and your future. But it will do far more lasting harm to your reputation and your ability to own a firearm. Do not take the risk. Start fighting back today.
The People of Hawaii Trust Bilecki & Tipon to Defend Them Against Accusations of Domestic Violence
Accusations of domestic violence are terrible. Being convicted of such a crime can haunt someone for the rest of his or her life. Hiring an experienced attorney, with a proven history of securing positive outcomes for domestic violence cases, is the most effective way of ensuring that never happens.
Bilecki & Tipon LLLC has been defending both military personnel and civilians in Hawaii from unjust accusations and tough sentencing in state court. We have the experience, knowledge, and the resources required to secure the best possible outcome in your domestic violence case.
So why have so many clients trusted Bilecki & Tipon to represent them in court?
- We understand domestic violence defense: Bilecki & Tipon has secured positive outcomes for countless clients across Hawaii. We apply only the most effective strategies and understand how to win domestic violence cases.
- We are tenacious advocates for our clients: Bilecki & Tipon LLLC will never plead you guilty by default and will never leave you high and dry in the courtroom. When we walk into the courtroom, we go in 100%. We are ready to fight for your cause.
- We are ready for a full-scale court battle: Many law firms do not have the resources to take on the state and its hard-hitting prosecutors. We do. We can devote a massive amount of resources to your case, from our in-house investigator to our legal support staff and the ability to detail multiple attorneys from our firm to your case.
Has a domestic violence charge threatened your future, your finances, and your reputation? Fight back TODAY with Bilecki & Tipon LLLC, the premier law firm for domestic violence defense in Hawaii.
FAQ's About Domestic Violence Crimes
What Are My Odds in Court?
The facts of each case are unique and no two cases are the same. What we can say is this, with an average defense attorney, your odds may not be good. However, with an experienced criminal defense lawyer, you stand a significantly better chance of securing a positive outcome.
Domestic violence charges are difficult because of how people perceive accused abusers. You may be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, but that doesn’t mean a jury will give you the benefit of the doubt, especially with a skilled prosecutor demonizing you in front of the men and women that will decide your fate. It often takes a hard-hitting trial lawyer to get the jury to actually listen to your story and believe it in. If you can get them to listen and believe in your theory of defense, you stand a significantly better chance in court.
What Are The Different Types of Domestic Violence?
There are several forms of domestic violence in the State of Hawaii. These include economic abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse and physical abuse.