Federal Court Criminal Defense: Felony Cases
Have You Been Accused of a Felony Crime by the Federal Government?
A hard-hitting legal defense is all that stands between you and the worst case scenario.
Accusations that you or someone you love will be tried in federal court for a felony charge have turned your life upside down. The seriousness of the charges and the publicity your case could generate could send you and your family reeling into a dark place for years to come. How you handle this situation could very likely be the most important decision you’ll ever make. Felony cases which warrant federal prosecution are often some of the largest and most serious cases on the docket. They are meticulously prepared by federal prosecutors and some of the brightest legal minds in the country will be working around the clock to convict you. And if you are convicted, you stand to lose everything:
- You could lose your freedom in a heartbeat. Most felony offenses under federal jurisdiction carry with them decades to life in prison.
- Fines could ravage your finances and leave your entire family picking through the rubble of financial ruin. You could be in debt to the feds for decades.
- These cases can and do get picked up by the media all the time. You and your family could have your names dragged through the dirt for weeks and even months.
Many defendants do not recover from a conviction of a felony offense. Which is why you must fight back against these charges. Contact Bilecki Law GroupTODAY for a confidential consultation.
Felony Crimes under Federal Jurisdiction: What Should I Know?
When a person is accused of a felony crime, he or she will be subject to either state or federal courts. Most criminal offenses fall under state court jurisdiction. However, if the offense in question violates federal laws passed by Congress, you may find yourself fighting in federal courts, against highly trained and experienced federal prosecutors.
Federal courts rarely hear anything but the most serious criminal cases. Some of the circumstances that could give rise to federal jurisdiction include:
- When the U.S. is a victim of the crime
- Bankruptcy charges
- When amounts exceed a certain threshold ($75,000+)
- When an offense involves interstate commerce
- Violations of the U.S. constitution
- Maritime law
Worst Case Scenario: What Do I Stand to Lose?
A felony conviction in a US District court often incurs some of the harshest sentencing of any criminal offense. These high-risk trials could cost you everything if you do not take the right precautions beforehand.
Worst case sentencing for a felony crime include:
- Life in prison
- Significant monetary fines
- Federal sexual offender registration
Unfortunately, this is only the beginning of what a felony charge can do to your future. Careers can be destroyed, families can be broken apart, and reputations can be shattered, all because of criminal accusations which you may or may not have had anything to do with.
Bilecki Law Group, PLLC Fight for Your Rights in Federal Court
If you are reading this, it’s because you or someone you love is in a desperate situation. Federal courts have one of the highest conviction rates in the country. The prosecutors that work in these courts are highly skilled, and the resources at their disposal are almost limitless.
Few law firms have the experience, the resources, and the tenacity to successfully defend their clients against serious and complex federal charges. Bilecki Law Group is one of the rare law firms that can. When your future is on the line and you stand to lose everything, only the most experienced and reputable criminal defense attorneys will do.
So why have so many clients trusted Bilecki Law Group to represent them in court?
- We are fierce advocates in court: Bilecki Law Group is an incredibly experienced, full service, criminal defense firm. Our experience spans military courts, state courts, and federal courts. We have a clear understanding of how to try complex cases and can go head to head against even the most experienced federal prosecutors and come out on top.
- We are ready for a publicity battle: Certain felony offenses that arrive in federal courts can reach the ears of hundreds of thousands and even millions of people. You must be ready for a very drawn out battle waged for the public’s opinion. And very few law firms are as capable of PR as Bilecki Law Group.
- We are ready for a drawn-out legal battle: The federal government has unlimited resources, an army of paralegal staff, seemingly limitless law enforcement assets and some of the smartest prosecutors in the business. Few criminal defense law firms have the resources to deal with that kind of onslaught. Bilecki Law Group is one of those law firms, and we can put all of those resources to work for you to secure the best possible outcome in your case.
Have you been accused of a felony offense by the federal government? Time is not on your side. Contact the attorneys at Bilecki Law Group TODAY—before it’s too late.
FAQ's About Felony Cases
How Long Will My Federal Court Trial Last?
It could last days, it could last weeks, it could last months. It will depend on countless factors, including the nature of the crime, the complexity, the amount of evidence and the number of expert witnesses. One thing is certain: attaining legal representation immediately after discovering you’re a suspect is imperative if you wish to ensure the best possible outcome in your case.
Will My Case Be Heard Here in Hawaii?
Your trial will likely be tried in a U.S. District Court here in Hawaii. Although it is possible you could be tried elsewhere depending upon the nature and circumstances of the case.
Where is Bilecki Law Group Located?
Bilecki Law Group is located on the 23rd floor of the American Savings Bank Tower in downtown Honolulu, Hawaii, on the island of Oahu. Regardless of your location on the islands, we can launch a full-scale investigation in your case within hours of being retained.