- 6 month deal in case that started out as attempted murder
- Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
Branch of Military and Rank
- Assault with Intent to Inflict Grievous Bodily Harm
- Assault Consummated by Battery x2
- Communicating a Threat x2
- DD, 15 years and 6 months in confinement
- Total forfeiture
- Reduction to E-1
- Federal felony conviction
The client was initially accused of trying to kill his pregnant girlfriend over a dispute involving another female. When Bilecki Law Group was first contacted, before charges were preferred, this case was set to be charged as an attempted murder.
By working with the prosecutors, we averted the attempted murder charges, and only charges of Assault with GBH (among others) were preferred.
We then demanded a fully contested jury trial. Not long before the trial was to begin, the government offered the defense a very attractive pre-trial agreement that significantly limited the client’s confinement exposure, and we managed to cap his confinement at 6 months.
- 6 month deal in case that started as attempted murder