FALSE RAPE ACCUSATIONS
At Bilecki Law Group, We believe every service member has earned their right to an aggressive defense on their day in court. We specialize in taking the fight to the prosecution and winning cases that others said were unwinnable.
What Protects a Guy Against a False Rape Accusation?
Know Your Consent Law
- Consent must be Freely given, without pressure, manipulation, or through the influence of substances
- Consent is Reversible, regardless of what activities the person is engaging in or has engaged in in the past
- Consent must be Informed, meaning you may not say you will do one thing and do another (this is most often applied to condom use)
- Consent should be Enthusiastic, with those involved only doing what they want to do rather than what you expect them to
- Consent is Specific, with permission to do one thing (such as kissing) not implying permission to do another (such as having sex)
When Consent isn’t Consent
Law and Reality
Any military trial lawyer will know of multiple cases where a service member (most often men) had a weak sexual assault case brought against them. Evidence was weak, circumstantial, or downright fabricated. Despite this, the outcome may have been a conviction and serious sentence. In response to past (real) injustices, court-martials now seem biased against those accused of sexual assault. Even if you are innocent, you will need the help of an experienced military trial attorney. These are not cases to leave to chance. To best avoid accusations, you must stay vigilant. Be careful drinking and when around other service members drinking. We would advise avoiding sexual contact with drunk service members (or anyone else), even if they still seem able to give legal consent.
Request A Free Case Evaluation
False Rape Accusation Are Serious
Rape and sexual assault cases in the military get fast-tracked from accusation to trial oftentimes so that the command and relevant high-ranking officers can score political points in the military’s war on sexual assault. Rape is a serious crime and actual rapists should be prosecuted. However, the military’s current trend of prosecuting nearly every allegation of rape regardless of merit makes false accusations deadly serious.olor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.
If you face false rape accusations, or are otherwise accused of sexual assault, contact us. The initial case evaluation is free and confidential. We can discuss your case and your options, with the final goal being to get you the best result possible.