Camp Kinser is the southernmost of ten Marine Corps installations on the island of Okinawa and home to the 3rd Marine Logistics Group and 3rd Maintenance Battalion, among others. Camp Kinser is considered part of the greater Camp S.D. Butler Marine Corps base and plays a vital support and storage role for the Marines garrisoned on the island.
Camp Kinser has not seen military action in decades. Yet it remains constantly under siege from the destructive military politics and aggressive court-martial tactics of the U.S. Government. The Marines that protect Camp Kinser have seen firsthand what a court-martial or Captain’s Mast can do to their futures, their reputations, and their liberties.
- The U.S. Government is more than willing to throw you under the bus if it means saving face with a key regional ally. If you expect the military to take your side in the upcoming legal battle, you will be sorely mistaken.
- A dishonorable discharge does more than taking your military rank and title. Your healthcare, your retirement, your salary—it will all disappear overnight if you’re convicted.
- Unfortunately, a dishonorable discharge may be the least of your worries. You could be sentenced to prison for years, if not decades. You could face massive fines. You could be placed on a sex offender list for the rest of your life.
You are in legal trouble halfway around the world. But you are not alone. If you require legal representation at Camp Kinser, then contact the Bilecki & Tipon law offices TODAY.
Camp Kinser History and Court-Martial Activity
Camp Kinser was established in the 1950s along with much of Camp S.D. Butler. It was named after Elbert L. Kinser, who was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for jumping on a grenade to save his comrades during the Battle of Okinawa in World War II.
Today, Camp Kinser is a massive complex which spans some 1,000,000 square feet. It has been held by U.S Marines for the last 7 decades. By 2030 however, the base is expected to be fully returned to the Japanese.
- Established: 1955 (Camp S.D. Butler)
- Location: Okinawa, Japan
- Garrison: 3rd Maintenance Battalion, 3rd Marine Logistics Group, 3rd Supply Battalion, Combat Logistics Regiment 35, Combat Logistics Regiment 37.
Court-Martial Activity: Many of the Marines at Camp Kinser and the greater Camp S.D. Butler area has been targeted by NCIS and CID sting operations for years. These sting operations ensnare both the guilty and the innocent and are primarily focused on discovering alleged sexual predators and drug distributors/sellers. Non-Judicial punishment (Captain’s Mast) is also common here.
U.S. Marines at Camp Kinser Trust Bilecki & Tipon to Defend Their Interests in Court
Camp Kinser may be located in allied territory, but it is thousands of miles away from home. And in 90% of cases, when you’ve been accused of a criminal offense in the military, you need legal representation immediately.
Bilecki & Tipon is located here in the Pacific, in Oahu, Hawaii. This allows us to rapidly reach your location, not in weeks, but in days, possibly hours. The benefits of this are indisputable:
- Crime scene evidence dries up quickly and witnesses who are not found quickly may disappear forever. On top of that, a proper legal representation can stall the government’s case against you and force them to decide early whether you’re even worth the trouble to take to court.
- We have the firepower to fight back against your government opponent. Prosecutors with near-limitless resources can steamroll unprepared and poorly funded attorneys. This is not the case with the court-martial attorneys at Bilecki & Tipon. Not even close.
- We have been defending service members in Okinawa since day one and know how the legal system operates. We also maintain a network of expert witnesses who can take the stand for you in court if the situation requires it.
Bilecki & Tipon serves all U.S. Marine personnel at Camp Kinser. Call us TODAY for a confidential consultation into your case.
FAQ's about Camp Kinser
What Are the Most Common Criminal Offenses in Okinawa and Camp Kinser?
Camp Kinser, like many Marine bases in the area, is the target of multiple sting operations every year. These operations mostly seek out alleged online sexual predators, but even the innocent are trapped from time to time. Financial fraud, housing fraud (using the government’s BAH program) and other forms of larceny are also common.
Will Bilecki & Tipon Represent Me in Okinawa?
Absolutely. We travel to Okinawa all the time. If you require representation for a serious court-martial, we can be there to assist you.