- Unlawful Possession of Firearm
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Use of Methamphetamines x2,
- Drunk on Duty
- Violation of a Lawful Order x2
- DD, 16 years and 10 months in Confinement, Total Forfeiture, Reduction to E-1, Federal Felony Conviction
Our client, a Soldier, was arrested by military law enforcement in a sting operation for possession of methamphetamines and unlawfully possessing a firearm that was not registered to him.
Prior to this arrest, our client had also had two separate drug hots for Methamphetamines, was allegedly found drunk on duty, and had been AWOL. We began our representation by immediately ensuring that the client did not make any incriminating statements to law enforcement agents. His command placed him in pre-trial confinement and preferred a lengthy charge sheet against him.
Knowing that going to trial would only lead to a federal drug conviction and significant confinement time, we immediately worked with the prosecutor in this case and negotiated a deal for a Chapter 10 (Separation in Lieu of Court-Martial). After Chapter 10 was approved, all charges were dismissed.
NO CONFINEMENT, NO JAIL TIME