Chemical Names for the Substances in Spice and Effects of Spice
The abbreviated chemical names for the substances found in Spice are:
- HU-210: A Schedule I controlled substance that is 66-800 times more potent than THC. The presence of HU-210 cannot be detected using standard Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry.
- JWH-018: This is not a controlled substance and can have THC-like effects.
- CP 47,497: This is also not a controlled substance and is used to research the effects of THC. It is 3 to 28 times more potent than THC.
- JWH-073: This is not a controlled substance and can have THC-like effects.
- HU-211: This is not a controlled substances and has no THC-like effects. Field tests for THC will result in a negative result.
Law enforcement reports have come back stating that Spice users appear as sneaky, paranoid, high, have slurred speech, and have difficulty keeping balance but we have soo no real research substantiating any of this.